First Lady Michelle Obama looks beautiful and wows in this white jacquard dress by L'Wren Scott as she and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appear at the State Department earlier this month to honor women from around the world who have shown exceptional courage and leadership in advocating for women’s rights and empowerment during this year's International Women of Courage awards.
The names of this year’s honorees are below. Full biographies and photos are available here
• The Honorable Maryam Durani, Kandahar Provincial Council Member (Afghanistan);
• Major Pricilla de Oliveira Azevedo, police officer, Rio de Janeiro Military Police (Brazil);
• Zin Mar Aung, political activist and NGO co-founder (Burma);
• Jineth Bedoya Lima, investigative journalist (Colombia);
• Hana Elhebshi, architect and political activist (Libya);
• Aneesa Ahmed, gender-based violence (GBV) activist and former Deputy Minister of Women’s Affairs (Maldives);
• Shad Begum, human rights activist and founder/executive director of Anjuman Behbood-e-Khawateen Talah (the Union of Women’s Welfare) (Pakistan);
• Samar Badawi, political activist (Saudi Arabia);
• Hawa Abdallah Mohammed Salih, human rights activist (Sudan);
• The Honorable Safak Pavey, Member of Parliament (Turkey
We think both FLOTUSes should have been included on a list like that.
Accomplished, smart, dedicated, and courageous are they both.