Skip to main content

Trump Not Running For President

Full release:

"After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.

I want to personally thank the millions of Americans who have joined the various Trump grassroots movements and written me letters and e-mails encouraging me to run. My gratitude for your faith and trust in me could never be expressed properly in words. So, I make you this promise: that I will continue to voice my opinions loudly and help to shape our politician's thoughts. My ability to bring important economic and foreign policy issues to the forefront of the national dialogue is perhaps my greatest asset and one of the most valuable services I can provide to this country. I will continue to push our President and the country's policy makers to address the dire challenges arising from our unsustainable debt structure and increasing lack of global competitiveness. Issues, including getting tough on China and other countries that are methodically and systematically taking advantage of the United States, were seldom mentioned before I brought them to the forefront of the country's conversation. They are now being debated vigorously. I will also continue to push for job creation, an initiative that should be this country's top priority and something that I know a lot about. I will not shy away from expressing the opinions that so many of you share yet don't have a medium through which to articulate.

I look forward to supporting the candidate who is the most qualified to help us tackle our country's most important issues and am hopeful that, when this person emerges, he or she will have the courage to take on the challenges of the Office and be the agent of change that this country so desperately needs."

Thank you and God Bless America!


Donald J. Trump

Gee!  What made him change his mind!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind Presidents' Day

Did you know Presidents' Day isn’t just about a day off?  Originally established to honor George Washington’s birthday, it has since grown to celebrate all U.S. presidents who’ve shaped the country’s path. It’s a day to reflect on leadership, service, and the values that drive national progress. Presidents' Day dates back to 1879, when it was first recognized as a federal holiday for Washington. Later, Abraham Lincoln’s February birthday brought attention. By 1971, the Uniform Monday Holiday Act combined the days, creating the long weekend many know today—but its purpose goes far deeper. From decisions that forged independence to policies steering modern challenges, U.S. presidents have helped shape history. It's a moment to appreciate lessons in courage, responsibility, and the impact of strong leadership on society today. How do you celebrate Presidents' Day?  Is it by learning about the leaders who influenced American history? Do you read their biographies, visit ...

Gary Locke Nominated as Ambassador to China

Gary Locke, former White House Secretary of Commerce, has been nominated by the President as U.S. ambassador to China. Locke replaces former Utah governor  Jon Huntsman, who has stepped down to (wait for it) possibly challenge President Obama in the 2012 presidential race. Locke was the first Chinese-American governor and should the Senate approve his nomination, would the be first Chinese-American ambassador to China.  He is a partner in the Seattle office of the law firm Davis Wright Tremaine which lists China as one of its specialties. "Gary has distinguished himself as one of our nation’s most respected and admired public servants.  As our country’s first Chinese-American governor, he worked tirelessly to attract jobs and businesses to Washington State, and he doubled exports to China", said President Obama during this morning's announcement. "He’s been a point person for my National Export Initiative, and last year, Gary’s depa...