Skip to main content

Trump Not Running For President

Full release:

"After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.

I want to personally thank the millions of Americans who have joined the various Trump grassroots movements and written me letters and e-mails encouraging me to run. My gratitude for your faith and trust in me could never be expressed properly in words. So, I make you this promise: that I will continue to voice my opinions loudly and help to shape our politician's thoughts. My ability to bring important economic and foreign policy issues to the forefront of the national dialogue is perhaps my greatest asset and one of the most valuable services I can provide to this country. I will continue to push our President and the country's policy makers to address the dire challenges arising from our unsustainable debt structure and increasing lack of global competitiveness. Issues, including getting tough on China and other countries that are methodically and systematically taking advantage of the United States, were seldom mentioned before I brought them to the forefront of the country's conversation. They are now being debated vigorously. I will also continue to push for job creation, an initiative that should be this country's top priority and something that I know a lot about. I will not shy away from expressing the opinions that so many of you share yet don't have a medium through which to articulate.

I look forward to supporting the candidate who is the most qualified to help us tackle our country's most important issues and am hopeful that, when this person emerges, he or she will have the courage to take on the challenges of the Office and be the agent of change that this country so desperately needs."

Thank you and God Bless America!


Donald J. Trump

Gee!  What made him change his mind!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind Presidents' Day

Did you know Presidents' Day isn’t just about a day off?  Originally established to honor George Washington’s birthday, it has since grown to celebrate all U.S. presidents who’ve shaped the country’s path. It’s a day to reflect on leadership, service, and the values that drive national progress. Presidents' Day dates back to 1879, when it was first recognized as a federal holiday for Washington. Later, Abraham Lincoln’s February birthday brought attention. By 1971, the Uniform Monday Holiday Act combined the days, creating the long weekend many know today—but its purpose goes far deeper. From decisions that forged independence to policies steering modern challenges, U.S. presidents have helped shape history. It's a moment to appreciate lessons in courage, responsibility, and the impact of strong leadership on society today. How do you celebrate Presidents' Day?  Is it by learning about the leaders who influenced American history? Do you read their biographies, visit ...

Government job loss under the Trump administration, since 2016. Are you at risk in 2025?

Under President Trump's first term in office, America experienced job declines. Data from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) suggests that the total number of federal employees decreased by approximately 1.3% from 2016 to 2020, resulting in a loss of approximately 18,000 government positions. This decline was achieved largely through attrition, as the administration emphasized not filling vacancies rather than implementing widespread layoffs.   Also: What about social security?  Trump has sad that he does not plan to change social security, however, one case shows how a senior experienced   difficulty getting their due benefits .  Job Losses in Government Agencies since 2016. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) The EPA faced significant cuts under the Trump administration, with staffing levels dropping from approximately 15,000 employees in 2016 to about 14,000 by 2020 citing budget cuts and decreasing regulatory enforcement practices.  Department of Ed...